VeriClock, Inc. is a Vancouver-based time and attendance Software as a Service company looking to grow our outbound sales team. We are seeking an experienced, motivated Sales Manager who is capable of building out the new department and can introduce effective, structured sales processes to our company.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record selling B2B in the SMB space, is used to developing strategies that meet or exceed quotas, and can manage and mentor a sales team of new hires. This challenging role is entirely new to VeriClock and requires a great deal of groundbreaking and path-making. You will devise sales policies and procedures, help establish achievable sales targets, and ensure sales strategies meet corporate sales goals.
The successful candidate will be used to regular reporting, defining and working towards meeting key metrics. They will also have a keen ability to select relevant leading key performance indicators, work in tight sync with CRM systems, and use those KPI’s and systems to identify sales trends and concerns.
This is a rare opportunity to build a sales department in your own vision, and a key opportunity for the right individual.
- Grow their own sales funnel and aggressively pursue sales opportunities as they work towards adding members to the sales team
- Be willing to cold-call and search for new sales channels while the sales team is expanded
- Develop a sales team that is laser-focused on increasing annual recurring revenue for our software as a service (SaaS) platform
- Develop new sales channels and funnels for your sales team
- Maintain acute awareness of the competitive landscape and identify any gaps in our product offering
- Communicate any competitive disadvantages in a timely manner to the operations and development teams.
- Manage all sales related activity management through the accurate, timely and detailed use of our current CRM tool, including opportunity reviews, win/loss analysis, pipeline funnel management, forecasting and lead generation.
- Identify potential partners/integration opportunities to complement and expand the SaaS offering and grow our customer base
- Build high level executive/SVP relationships along the sales process to create long term partnerships and opportunities for cross-sales
- Must be willing to travel as necessary
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- 5-7 years sales experience in the software industry with 3-5 in recurring revenue SaaS sales
- 5 years sales experience in B2B sales in the SMB space
- Proven experience building new sales funnels and acquiring/selling to new customers.
- Proven experience developing strategies for sales growth
- Creative, decisive, high energy with the ability to motivate and energize others.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience closing and managing large accounts
- Experience in developing cold calling strategies, creating demand, creating upsell opportunities
- Excellent at building and maintaining relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Assets to Being Selected:
- Background/knowledge in bookkeeping and/or accounting
- Past experience mentoring junior sales staff and developing senior staff
- Developing or creating sales systems and training processes that resulted in successful sales staff onboarding and growth
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you then do not hesitate to apply. We are interviewing right away for this role.
We appreciate all applicants however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.