It’s a dirty topic to discuss, but it remains a fact that there are some employees out there who regularly cheat on their hours with their employers. And what does cheating on hours, padding clock in and out times, or “buddy punching” really mean? It means theft from the employer, and in many cases in can be the largest source of employee theft within an organization.
So what can you do about it? While no system is perfect, there are steps you can take to safeguard against unnecessary losses in labor expenses.
The VeriClock time tracking system incorporates a number of different verification features that employers and administrators can use to ensure the hours they pay out are accurate. Some of these features include:
– Real time tracking of time worked… no more filling out time cards after the fact… and cheaters must cheat in real time and risk getting caught in the act
– GPS tagging… clock in and out events can be tagged to an exact location, ensuring workers are where they are supposed to be when they clock in
– Voice verification… employers can configure the system to require employees to leave voice reports
– IP address… used to track where a web clock in or out event comes from
– Caller ID… used to ensure workers clock in from a particular phone number
While the vast majority of employees are honest, hardworking individuals, there are always a few bad apples in the bunch. The good news is you don’t have to invest in expensive retina scanners or finger print readers to get the benefits mentioned above – our system can be deployed immediately and it offers all of the benefits mentioned above, for a fraction of the cost of traditional time keeping systems.
View the screenshot below of our savings calculator to see what a typical company can actually save!